The main purpose of the Audit & Control Officer role will be:
To deliver high quality operational governance by assessing operational performance against adherence to company policies including Credit, Affordability, Customer Verification & Mandates & Escalations
Reporting to the Audit & Control Team Leader
Responsibilities include the following:
Review new lending applications in advance of offer against all applicable policies, identify and escalate any potential breaches in line with department policy
Review notes and comments made by underwriters to ensure all decisions have an appropriate supporting rationale using the agreed structure
Ensure escalation policy has been followed for any exceptions identified and that these have been appropriately documented
Manage work levels to ensure Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s) are met and ensure quality standards are regularly achieved
Assist in the review of departmental processes ensuring that they are well documented, customer focused, efficient and up to date
Contribute to achievement of departmental Key Performance Indicator’s (KPIs) and Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) KPI’s ensuring we maintain the ability to demonstrate we are meeting our TCF obligations
Actively participate in department meetings ensuring minutes, actions and key updates are accurately recorded
Challenge internal processes and procedures where evidence suggests improvements could be made
Assist in the production of key management information and reporting
Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training in relation to the Audit & Control team
Set high standards in relation to dealing with enquiries from other operational areas, demonstrating a desire and willingness to listen and take appropriate action when necessary
Work closely with other teams in particular the New Lending Team, fostering a healthy relationship where challenge is the norm
Review sources of industry guidance in order to keep abreast of changes which could impact areas under Audit & Control remit and provide recommendations to team leader on any relevant areas
Take responsibility for maintaining own CPD (Continuous Professional Development) folder ensuring it is kept up to date
A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the secured lending or residential or Buy to Let mortgage market
Understanding of the regulatory environment and in particular TCF
Technology skills – MS Excel and Word
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
Planning & Problem solving skills
Ability to work as part of a small team and make effective contributions
Telephone Business Development Manager (TBDM) – Glasgow
The main purpose of the TBDM will be:
Reporting to the Business Development Hub Team Leader, you will manage inbound telephone calls, outbound telemarketing calls to pre- and post-registered intermediaries promoting The Mortgage Lender (TML), its services, products and criteria.
The TBDM will identify the intermediary’s business and case requirements by fact finding their needs and tailoring responses to match the requirements, whilst supporting their paired field Business Development Manager (FBDM).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Providing support to introducers ensuring they understand our product range and credit policy
• Pro-actively follow up all enquiries made to the sales team with the objective being the enquiry converts to a case being submitted to The Mortgage Lender
• Provide technical support on portal and registration issues to intermediaries
• Achievement of individual and team targets and KPI’s to increase business volumes
• Input and maintain accurate and current CRM data
• Liaise with all areas of the business for pre- and post-sale queries
• Responsible for the management of the departmental email channels
• Undertaking pre-registration verification checks for new intermediaries
• Challenge and evidence aspects of specific cases where we can demonstrate a case fits TML credit policy and product range
• Take ownership for complying with the Training and Competence scheme, personal development and regulatory training requirements
• Project work as and when required
• Provide support to field based Business Development Managers as required
• Highlight new leads to the relevant regional Business Development Managers ore National Account Managers
Experience Required/The Person:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in the Mortgage or Financial Services Industry
• Previous experience in an outbound & inbound telesales environment
• Previous experience as a telemarketer or similar sales/customer service telephone role
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• A background of successful relationship building or client management
• Excellent call handling, listening and influencing skills
• The confidence to pursue leads and overcome objections
• PC literate with a good knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and CRM systems
• Proactive team player – ability to work on own initiative; solo and as part of a team
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the drive to succeed and deliver results
• Ability to multi task to ensure SLA’s are met
• Drive for Results
• Serving the Customer
• Quality Focus
• Planning, Organising and Flexibility
• Problem Solving and Initiative
• Communicating with Clarity
• Collaborating with Others
• Influencing and Relationship Building
Reporting to the head of department, the main purpose of the Customer Support team leader role will be:
To lead, support, direct, monitor and control a team of customer support officers in the delivery of an excellent service to customers experience difficulty in meeting their repayment obligations.
Demonstrate sound decision making, supported by rationale, utilising their mandate when managing these customers by considering the full range of support options available.
Responsibilities include the following:
Ensure that the customer support team provide a high quality of service to customers, considering the customers individual circumstances, including root cause and affordability when agreeing appropriate solutions.
Maintain and focus on resourcing requirements ensuring sufficient cover and training is continually reviewed and all risks mitigated.
Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, personal development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment. Ensure Continuous Personal Development (CPD) plans are kept up to date.
Ensure the customer support team apply the relevant Arrears Management & Repossession Policy when considering the most appropriate solution for the customer.
Monitor and manage workflow queues to ensure Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s) are met and ensure quality standards are regularly tested and maintained.
Regularly test established controls and processes across the team to ensure effective and relevant assessment on quality of the team’s work.
In adherence to the Training and Competency Scheme policy, assess the ongoing competence of their team by undertaking sample case reviews, measuring Root Cause, Affordability, No Financial Advice and Customer Outcomes.
Review processes ensuring that they are well documented, customer focused, efficient and up to date.
Ensure department procedures and associated manuals are easy to understand, are complete, compliant and up to date.
Prepare regular status reports around key updates, issues and achievements for the customer support team.
Assess departmental Key Performance Indicator’s (KPIs) and Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) KPI’s providing information to the team as appropriate and ensure we maintain the ability to demonstrate we are meeting our TCF obligations.
Regular and accurate production of key management information and reporting.
Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training in relation to the customer support team.
Set high standards in relation to dealing with enquiries from customers and colleagues demonstrating a desire and willingness to listen and take appropriate action when necessary.
Answer and address technical and complex queries from customers and staff.
Key Performance Indicators:
TCF is central to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) expectations of firms’ conduct and that all staff will be required to demonstrate a knowledge of this key operating principle which will be incorporated into TML’s operations.
Team results on meeting service level timelines for each activity.
Creation and maintenance of professional and open relationship with third parties.
Team assessment on identification of incomplete or contradictory information received and successful resolution of risk and/or issue.
Achievement of teams departmental KPI’s and TCF KPI’s.
Taking appropriate action on any findings of the risk and control team.
Continued adherence to the company’s training and monitoring programme which includes, Anti Money Laundering/Financial Crime, Treating Customers Fairly, Anti Bribery and Corruption.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the secured lending or residential or commercial mortgage market.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Team Leader within Financial services.
Significant experience of Mortgage Collections/Arrears Handling process.
Understanding of the regulatory environment and in particular TCF.
Technology skills – MS Excel and Word.
Excellent communication skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.